FIVE WAYS YOU CAN TELL IT’S TIME TO SPOIL YOURSELF WITH JEWELLERY
Life can get tough sometimes, and itcan behard to tell yourself why you shouldn’t spoil yourself with jewellery – especially when you keep walking past that sterling silvernecklace whichjust seems to sparkle a little more each day…
So here are some reasons why you shouldindulgeinstead, and why you shouldn’t feel guilty about doing so.
Five reasons to treat yourself
There’s a few different ways to tell it’s time to spoil yourself, and one of them is that you’re wondering if you should. However, if you’re looking for a couple more reasons to do so, just keep reading.
1. Motivation Havingthe rightmotivation to keep you pushing forward can’t be underestimated. Extra hours at work don’t seem so bad when you know that at theother enda piece of jewellery is waiting for you. When enthusiasm wanes, imagining what colour of semi-precious stone you want for yournecklace willreignite it. If you have a goal thatyou arestriving towards but can’t seem to make any headway on it,knowing thatthere is a reward at the other end can be a great way to getthe finalamount of traction needed.
2. Celebration Acknowledging andcelebrating your achievements is an important way to buildyour self-confidence. And what better way to do this than to buyyourself somethingthat will remind you of your success each time you wear it?If you’vejust won that hard-earned promotion, you might just deserve a beautiful bracelet to celebrate. Itdoesn’t haveto be only for the big wins, though. Sometimes treatingyourself forthe smaller successes, the ones that might slip under theradar otherwise, is important as well. Or you might treat yourselffor achievinga personal goal that no one else is aware of. Whatever itmight be, if it matters to you do not let it pass by unrecognised. Treat yourself to something special, and be proud of yourself.
3. Memories Howmany people, when asked about a certain piece of jewellery, can tell you a story attached to it? Necklaces gathered from differentcountries they’vetravelled to, engagement rings carrying the memory ofthat romanticmoment when their partner asked them to marry them …It’s rarethat a piece won’t have some tale behind it.Jewelleryis a way to convey emotions and experiences, encapsulating them in something that can be worn every day. So ifsomething memorable occurs in your life, when better totreat yourselfto a piece that will always remind you of it? For example,If youhad an incredible weekend away with your partner travelling to the 12 Apostles, finding something that is embedded with that feelingis priceless. A pair ofearrings uniquely designedto reflect Australia’s rich and one-of-a-kind scenery is a treat that you’ll regret not giving yourself.
4. When you’re going to wear it a lot Sometimes areason to treat yourself can be as simple as finding somethingyou’d wearconstantly. If you are going to get a lot of use out of a pieceof jewellery, spoiling yourself is entirely justifiable. In fact, youcould almostconsider it an investment – after all having a piece thatyou canuse to dress up any outfit is incredibly handy.
5. When you need a pick-me-up Occasionally lifecan get you down. When you are feeling off for no good reason, maybe it’s time to think about spoiling yourself. Sometimes a badmood canbe caused by feelingoverlooked,and under appreciated. The bestway tonegate this is by not overlooking yourself.
Why treating yourself is important Treating yourselfis a way of showing that you deserve a little careand attention. It’s a way to acknowledge that life isn’t always easy,but thatthere are things to look forward to. Taking abit of time out every now and then to give yourself somethingyou wantcan help reduce any stress you’ve been experiencing. The moodboost thatcomes along with getting something you want can berejuvenating,and can help to raise you out of a slump. By investingin yourself, you grow your self-regard. Make your treats away toremember all the good things you’ve achievedrecently,or thetough timeyou’ve managed to survive. It canalso createmotivation, and restock your self-control. Asking moreof yourselfis easier to do when you know you get more in return. Ifall youdo is work harder and harder with no reward, there is nothingto enticeyou to continue doing so. Treating yourselfis not something to feel guilty over. There’s a wide rangeof reasonsto do so, so why wait? Take the first step in investingin yourself, and pop intoyour local jewellersto find that perfect treat.